View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Beccadawn is on a distinguished road

Well I breed Persian Kittens so the food is a little different. If you go to your vets they will have a formula you can buy & make for the puppies in case you have to do the extra feeding. Also get them to give you a good bottle & syringes. Don't forget if your feeding them you also need to stimulate them to use the washroom or just put them by the moms head after feeding and make sure she does it by licking them. If one puppy is being a little "piggy" & one is not getting enough food I sometimes shift the baby & place the little one on or close to the nipple. Sometimes it's also necessary to kind of get 1/2 of them on an alternate schedule of eating/sleeping but don't do it unless you have to. Also try to resist the urge to wake up a baby when they are in a deep sleep because that is when they are developing & growing the most. If the babies are screaming & moving alot that normally means they are hungry. As for the moms food I personally use Royal Canin as they have food especially for breeding. I also worked for them so I know them really well & trust them. But whatever you do don't switch her food now that would not be a good idea when she is nursing. Good luck & have fun. I'll be on & off all day so if you have any more questions ask away. I personally always check on them every hour or so even through the night to make sure everything is going well especially for the first few nights.