View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

Well update on skimmer....

Woke up this morning and the skimmer was overflowing like crazy..... (I think a snail blocked the outlet for a bit or something.....

So i took the opportunity to shut it down and raise it a little. I had it running a depth of about 8.5" which is at the upper limit for this skimmer, and it does fluctuate as the water evaporates throughout the day…

So I got out my handy snips and cut up some plastic egg crate to set in the bottom of the skimmer so that I could raise it up a little thus “lowering” the depth it was sitting at.

I now have it at about 7” or so and the first thing I noticed is how much easier it is to adjust the water level in the skimmer body.

So have it all setup and going again at the lower depth. This should also make it easier to run a drier skim as the backpressure on the water return is less.

Will let you know how it works out.

TJ
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin