View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:43 AM

rjengen is on a distinguished road

You could be onto something when it comes to the plumbing. I had an issue a couple of weeks ago, and one of my bulkheads let go on my CL, so I had the tank drained for two weeks while I waited on new parts, and the time to fix it. My poor fish has to live it out in the sump.

I took the oppertunity to redo some of my plumbing, and switch out the return pump for a quiet one 6000, and ran spa flex from the pump up. I also moved my check valve down to on top of the pump (This all but eliminated the water hammering when the return pump was shut off). I'm waiting on some fitting for my CL, but when they show up I am going to give my ps4's one last chance to prove me wrong.

As I said earlier, I did manage to get one of the pumps to work without micro bubbles no matter where it was stationed...CL, or my return. That was after I had it apart a couple of times though. I'm not sure if I'm missing something for the one that was making bubbles, or if there was some issue too small for my eyes to see. I will share the results though once I redo the CL