View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:16 PM

Crytone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron99 View Post
And things go wrong with Macs far less often then with Windows so when they do go wrong it is usually something major.
I disagree with this point. I haven't had any problems in years with any PCs and any problem I have had has been hardware related (which were either DOA on my initial builds or died several years into service). I think the main reason people feel that way though is PCs are far more dominant in the marketplace. Let's suppose Apples have a 1% failure rate but only 10% of computer users own an Apple. Let's now suppose PCs have the same 1% failure rate but 90% of the users use PCs. You're going to see WAY more PCs than Apples fail just from simple math, roughly a 9:1 ratio.

Personally, my cousins 1year old Macbook has been in the shop more than it's been at his house- he still loves Apple products though! My other cousin had a powersupply go in her new 27" iMac when she first got it which she had to send away (I think to Lethbridge she said?) to get repaired but otherwise has had zero problems with it and it works awesome for her needs (webpage and graphics designer).