View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Mac versu PC,{snicker,snicker}

I know we have hashed this to death and I will get 50% different answers but here goes anyways.

This is the Macs owners chance to speak out. Convince me.

Still looking at new laptops. Close to the Mac purchase a couple times already. Yesterday, seen a new Sony with a 16.4in. screen. Back lit keys and a very nice layout. Has the i7 processor. I think 1.8GHz or something similar with a turbo boost to 2.8. Dont have that all figured out yet. 4g memory and me thinks hard drive was around 640gb.

Looks pretty fast. The Mac book had a 2.3GHz processor, 2g memory and 250 hard drive. But of course Mac owners still say thats as fast because its not loaded with crap.

Besides posting on Canreef and surfing other boards, I mostly read sports and news, etc. I do a lot of pics between family and reefing. Thus I like the Macs capability here.

So the Sony was $1299, may be on for $100 less this week. Mac is $1099, and pro is same as Sony. Smaller screen on mac is not an issue, as I have a 22in monitor to connect to. Decided either to go smaller like the 13in. for portability and keep my monitor or go larger than 16in. screen and chuck all my previous stuff.

Mac owners, sell me on why for the same price as the Sony I should get the Mac.