View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'm thinking maybe no more than 1/2 litre should be run in the phosban reactors. I found with 3/4 litre I was getting good tumbling, but after about 2 days I'd get about 1/2" layer of pellets slammed into the top of the reactor and they work pretty good as a filter as it turns out, so despite that most of 3/4 litre was tumbling, the mulm had nowhere to go.

I'm now running a full litre in a MR-1 reactor and the level is less than half of the reactor so gravity is pulling them down well enough, and they are churning like crazy with a MJ12. No output foam or even the little output grate, it just exits straight to sump. Problem free so far.

So I think a phosban reactor can be run but it's crucial not to overload it (like I did). I'd say no more than halfway up with pellets when churning. I think fewer pellets is no big deal, they'll still work the same, but you just have to top up more .... but this is less of a concern than them gumming up and accumulating mulm.

Hope yours runs better from here on!