View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 PM

Crytone is on a distinguished road
Default The Vancouver 2010 Olympics

It's been a few days already and no Olympics thread?! We have to fix that!!

The opening ceremony was very well done I felt. Had everything; Peter Pan, a neckbeard, a violinist devil, floor whales and NO Celine Dion! I really liked when KD Lang sang Hallelujah too.

Now I know everyone is shocked about the Georgian luger's death (and blaming Canada no less) but is it really so hard to think that it's not a very safe sport to begin with? I know the track was fast but other tracks aren't that much slower (maybe 10kph slower at most). So going 135kph instead of 145kph I don't see as being a huge factor. That's faster than most people drive on the highways in their cars, not on a small sled that offers no protection in any crash. It just seems like a disaster waiting to happen to me. I'm a bit appalled they show the footage of him hitting the pole on TV though.

Now onto the main events;
Canada just got their second gold. Womens Snowboard Cross. It was a good race if you missed it. I'm sure if you did you'll be hearing about it very soon on any news channel out there.

First gold being in Mens Moguls as I'm sure everyone heard. It's too bad the 2nd place Aussie guy was such a poor sport about it (didn't smile, and he's a Canadian too! I heard a rumor he's rich from creating Malware too...). His coach was bad talking the Canadian saying our guy shouldn't have won. I think what his coach failed to realize that even though the Canadians run wasn't flawless, he did really well still and was doing a more technical stunts (thus worth more points) and finished about 20 ms faster.

Womens moguls the day before had me on my seat also. I wish we would have got Gold there too but Silver is great too!

I'm excited for the Mens Hockey tonight! Going to be a good game versus Norway (if I recall). Can't wait! We have a good lineup on our team I think, just hoping the goalies pick up the slack they've had the past few weeks.

What else... Mens curling was earlier today versus Norway. Was a close match but Canada squeezed by.

So.. What are your thoughts? Anything you're excited to see? Predictions? let's get this thread going!!