View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Default Purgatory for fish

I have a large saddleback clown that has been biting my cowfish's tail constantly. My poor cowfish is the most peaceful soul, and I had enough of the bullying. Poor Norman will almost come out of the tank when he gets bit.

I was up bright and early the other morning to catch the clown and put him in a holding tank in my sumproom. I have him for sale, but if he does not find a home in a day or two, I considered putting him back in the display. He is a really nice clown fish and LOVES his anemones! Too bad we don't have one for him anymore. He has not been better or worse to the cowfish with or without a nem as well. The tail nipping has gone on forever, but it seems to be getting worse and Norman was starting to hide.

If I go ahead and put him back, do you think he will be a bully again? How long do bullies get removed from the display typically before reintroducing them? I notice it take fish about three days to forget new fish were added to the tank... Would it be the same to reintroduce them, or should I wait longer?