View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM

DiscusZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DiscusZ
Default Looking to get back into a SW tank

Well after a 2 year abscence (separation, moviing etc) i have not had a SW tank and I am completely lost.

I happened to be at Big Al's a few times in the last few months and noticed this nice 300g tank setup there (tank, light setup and stand) are going for about $5300 or so (good price?)

I am looking to get into a 300g tank. what are my best options here?

That setup at BA is nice, but when all said and done when adding a sump and protein skimmer i am sitting at about $6k

Is it cheaper to get a tank this size made? what would it cost? then go with a homemade stand?

basically i am starting from schatch, i would need new lights or i could utilize my 400w mogle setup and my 2 vho setup in the interm to offset costs,

Basically i am looking for opionions, my options etc. I have been out of the scene for about 2 years, heck i havent logged into Canreef in over a year (glad my account was still here)

Jim