View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Great lighting, subject and composition but poorly executed. The shutter speed was too slow for the amount of zoom resulting in fairly obvious motion blur. If this shot was taken in the wild it would be excusable since any amateur photographer would be shaking in fear and the story would compensate for the blur. However since it was at the zoo you could have quickly adjusted the settings or used some kind of brace. I only bring this up because IMO it's clearly not your best work and judging by your equipment and other photos you can do better. Plus this is the photography forum

Thanks for the feed back.
Dont forget though that the motion blur you are referring to is the fence as it was shot free hand on a spur of the moment threw the fence. He was walking around and only posed for this shot for a few seconds. If I had come there just to shoot I would have brought my tripod and set up to take the best shot possible, but for a hand held shot at a shitty angle on a spur of the moment I think it came out fairly well. I will try the faster shutter speed next time though.