View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
FYI this is far from a group order:
http://cgi.ebay.com/26-RED-MANGROVE-...item53df48d07e

I use to order these in as well, with shipping they are less than $1 each. And if the package is stopped at customs without a phytosanitary certificate the plants will be destroyed.

You can order in stuff and sell if for whatever you want but doing so with the intent to profit borderlines as vendor status, which a lot of people here have paid a substantial figure to do. It's also misleading to state this as a group order since you're not selling the items at your cost but rather making up to $5 per pod.
Sphelps your right in the fact that there is a small profit to be made, at the same time I'm taking the risk of ordering 300 of these which can be destroyed at the border and I also need to co-ordinate the whole mess (Plus have 10-20 people over to my house and boxes sent for shipping). If people want to order themselves they are more than welcome to (And I will take no offense if anyone who has already posted changes there mind). I picked the numbers I picked for the risk assessment. At an average retail price of $15.00 per pod I believe $4.00- $5.00 is still a fairly decent group order price (and you do pay more than $1.00 per with the cost of shipping during winter). If canreef decides this is some how a vendor infringement by all means remove the post and I will order them for myself. Thanks for your opinion though.
Levi

Btw if anyone wants to order them yourself the gentleman in Hawaii is named Brian, Sphelps has provided you with his ebay post so you can go from there. The guy is extremely fast and easy to deal with.

Last edited by Zoaelite; 01-22-2010 at 06:25 PM.