Thread: Raw Pet Food
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I don't do raw as it just won't work for us. but the next best thing is some of the very high quality kibble. I feed my doggie Orijen regional red, and we are switching the cat over to Orijen's can food. very high proteen and no crap.

I have two vets, they make me laugh as one is on line with me about shots, feeding ect.. the other pushes there med-i-cal and all stages, puppy, adolesent, ect.. I just stopped mentioning what I feed when I have him as we had a 1/2 hour argument and he wasn't impressed when I told him he is recomending one of the worst foods on the market

here is some info on the orijen

"ORIJEN 6 FISH CAT is formulated with a Biologically Appropriate ingredient ratio (70/30/0) of 70% meat, 30% fruit and vegetables (and 0% grain)—all slow-cooked at low temperatures to retain their natural goodness. "

and the ingreadiance

INGREDIENTS
Fresh deboned salmon, herring meal, salmon meal, russet potato, fresh deboned northern walleye, salmon oil, peas, potato starch, whitefish meal, sweet potato, fresh deboned Lake Whitefish, fresh deboned herring, natural fish flavors, fresh deboned lake trout, fresh deboned flounder, sun cured alfalfa, chicory root, dehydrated organic kelp, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, Saskatoon berries, black currants, psyllium, choline chloride, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile flowers, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, zinc proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, vitamin B5, iron proteinate, vitamin B6, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, folic acid, vitamin C, biotin.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.