View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:51 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Seems to be a pretty addictive pastime. Buddy of mine takes his camping. Which you'd think would be the source of much mockery but the tables turn when he pulls out a smoked turkey for dinner or something. The whole campground shows up for dinner.

I want to get me one some day. My next door neighbours are Korean and the smells that emanate from cooking dinner are exquisite - so I could maybe set this up and have some kind of neighbourhood flavour wars.

Any pictures Steve?
I'll take some pics and get them up for ya

you can actualy get into it pretty cheep. I think I have spend 100.00 to do the mods and I wanted some different woods so I spent another 80 bucks on that. The smoker I got is at costco out here for about 40 bucks here is a link to is https://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detai...harcoal&id=225

although it is a cheep one with a few mods it is knowen to be a very good smoker. biggest things are that the temp guage that comes with it is a "low/ideal/high guage so you need to install an actual gauge as you want your temps at 225 to 250 for smokin. the next two mods have to deal with air intake, there is a hole in the bottom to allow combustion air in but you need to be able to regulate this so you can controle your temp better so I installed some pipe and a valve. and the third one is that as the coals burn they drop ash which plugs up the air holes in the charcoal pan. so you use a grate to raise this up a bit so the ash has somewhere to go. the final one you can do (I am going to decide if I need to after a few smokes) is to install a chiminey and put a seal around the lid. this one was designed with a loose fitting lid which lets your smoke out but some people have beeter results modding this also.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 01-20-2010 at 02:13 PM.