Thread: A sad day
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Triggz is on a distinguished road
Default A sad day

I was feeding my seahorses tonight like I usually do after work. After watching my male suck up some mysis for a few minutes I realized I didn't see the female. I wasn't too worried about it as sometimes she would be on the other side of the tank hunting pods or hanging out. I walked away from the tank for a few minutes and then came back and still didn't see her. Now im a little worried, so I start to look around the tank and end up finding her stuck in a piece of liverock dead!

I went to take her out and couldn't understand how she was so stuck! At this point I took a closer look only to find a big nasty crab playing tug-o-war with me on the other side!! This is the first time I have even seen this thing. As soon as I got her free I lost the crab in the liverock.

Im not really sure if she actually got stuck or if the crab pulled her into the liverock. Either way it just sux! My seahorses were the only thing I brought with me when I moved here from Ontario. I had them shipped overnight. Up until I left Ontario they were breeding every 15 days and rayjay was raising the fry.

Im gonna have one sad male seahorse in the morning