Thread: Raw Pet Food
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM

RobynR is on a distinguished road
Default Raw Pet Food

My husband and I are looking into raw pet food diets for our cat and dog.

Our cat is overweight, we are currently feeding her Wellness, and although she likes it, she is not doing as well on it, as we had hoped. The vet is continually pushing their 'prescription' food and looking at the ingredient list makes me shudder. Not to mention, the cat has not really loved anything they've sent home with her.

Our dog is a Mini Schnauzer who is about a year and a half old. She is eating Now! and is doing fine on it but we are looking at more natural feeding options. We currently supplement her diet with raw marrow bones and fresh fruit and veggies.

I suggested to the vet we were researching raw diets and they freaked, telling me it is an awful idea and could make our pets very sick. I'm sure it could, but from the looks of it, if done properly has actually been very successful for many people.

Diana, I know from a previous thread, you are feeding a raw diet to your dogs; can you please suggest a couple of links to sites that have facts about it? Also, can you tell me the specifics of your dog's diets? How long have you had them on it?

Does anyone on here feed their cats a raw diet? This has been much harder to find info on than dogs and info or links would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Robyn