View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

For the most part my guts are on display. I use a big 140gal stock trough as a sump and because I just rent this crack shack I'm not able to add some more walls to hide it. I consider everything that I have to be necessary and cost effective to run my reef but obviously others will differ... Okay the stock trough is a little excessive but I love the massive water volume and space! In the picture you can see:

Skimmer
Controller
Media reactors
Refugium
Return pump
ATO
(frag tank on the left and display tank on the right)

Here is why everything sits beside the tank... theres not enough room under the display anymore.

2 Stage Calcium Reactor
Kalkwasser Reactor
Battery Backup
CO2

On top the lights hang from the ceiling and you can see how the water returning from the sump is directed through an OM 4-Way wavemaker.

Its all neatly tucked away in the corner of my ghetto basement for now. Most of frankensump was built with the intention of upgrading it to a 50"x36"x24" 250gal in-wall system once we buy a house. The only item not shown in the picture is the RO/DI system which is plumbed to the ATO tank from another room.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour