View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Your system appears headed in the correct direction. Moving forward you will require a system to maintain a consistent amount of calcium and alkalinity, this can be accomplished various ways, including using 2 part additives or a calcium reactor. The more corals you have, the greater the demands on ca and alk (corals use this - gallons do not).

Also - forget about the purple up (and save your money for other stuff). Once your tank matures and maintains a consistent level of calcium, coraline will become an enemy. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burblecut View Post
Heya,

I'm curious what everybody's system looks like below the tank. As being new to the hobby. I only have basic stuff such as a sump, skimmer, test kits, T5 lighting, RODI, coral food and some purple up.

Is this enough for a long lasting reef? What does everyone else use and how is it set up? Any pics would be helpful and a quick paragraph explaining your methods of your madness.

I hear of Reactors, Co2, 2 part, 3 part, diy, dosers, refuges, controllers and many other systems, but what is necessary? and what is overkill?

I would like my tank to be as nice as any other persons on canreef with a limited budget, but with all of these pieces of equipment and chemistry involved, it gets somewhat overwhelming for a noob such as myself.

Thanks