View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 PM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road
Default Freezetyles Biocube 29. Updates March 16!

little history. I started with this tank in march last year as my first saltwater tank, and eventually move up to a 45 gallon cube, which had to go when i moved. I had this tank as the "girlfriends" with all of the little things she liked in it so it has been mainly been a FOWLR tank. When i shut down the other one and sold of the majority of the corals i thought to my self "there is no way im getting rid of everything. This tank is basically the reminats of that tank plus a lot more zoa's.

The first hurdle was a move from Calgary to kelowna which went suprisingly smooth except for me and my brilliant trait of being forgetful. When moving the tank i had disassembled all of the hard ware and place the majority of it in a box and straight into the trunk of my car. The other more important and delicate things i decided to put in another box to load with the tank come moving day.

Moving day comes drained the tank and placed the live rock and live stock into a bucket. placed that in the car followed shortly by the tank. Took the box with all of the "delicate stuff" out and placed it on the lawn while i put everything else in... shut door drive away. mean while the box was left on the lawn. Awesome... i know!

While it wasn't a big loss my tunze 9002 was in their and being a student i cannot afford another one yet. To my surprise everything is growing nicely and water chemistry is staying pretty consistent. i guess that is a benefit of having a somewhen mature tank.

i will keep posting updates in here along with other fun pictures of livestock and changes.

Full tank shot!

Top shelf of sps

Zoas on the sand

Spiderman zoa's from red coral

montipora from Fishytime

Stag? from lobsterboy (finally growing)

More coming soon!

Last edited by freezetyle; 03-17-2010 at 05:23 AM.