View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Triggz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessey View Post
I would suggest buying a cheap dslr body (no kit lenses) and a good lens or 2. Most people will never use the features that a mid to high end dslr have to offer and would be better off saving the money and buying good lenses. Canon and Nikon are both great and you can't go wrong with either of them.

The G11 is also a good option it has alot of the features a dlsr has but has the built in lens. It is great if you want something more advanced but don't want to spend crazy amounts on lenses. I also find I don't take my dslr's on vacations anymore, there size just got annoying after awhile.

Don't be affraid to save a bit and buy a previous model either most of the time people won't notice an extra MP or better noise reduction in higher ISO that the new cameras are offering.

Like others have suggested reading reviews is great, you might also want to check out The Photo Forum lots of information on there.
I would strongly agree with this one. MOST of us will never use all the features that a high end dslr is equiped for. Personally I like canon dslr's as you can still use a lot of the old lenses. I picked up a Canon 30d with 2 lenses used for $450. I purchased it almost 2 years ago now and still find it does more than I need.

Get a quality used body and use the money you saved on better lenses. You will be happy you did!