Thread: 06+ f150
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I actually posted Advantage's add for our old truck for sale on Kijiji, and begged people not to buy it. I got a nice little email from Advantage threatening to sue me for placing the add. They had Kijiji tear it down, but I reposted it a few times. I never did hear from a lawyer or anything about it. It was sold again with extended warranty for the new buyer... wonder how lucky he has been.

Live and learn but when you pay $85000 for a truck with extended warranty to protect yourself, and have it dealer built, you think you will be covered. We bought a 2002 Silverado that is lifted 8", with the exhaust and all the good stuff. It is the gas 5.3 and has been an awesome truck, although we did replace the tranny already. Mind you a Canreef friend helped us get a deal on one from the wrecker and the repair was under $1000. The Ford's tranny was over $8000 from Advantage. The whole Ford thing was a nightmare and it would only run for about 6 weeks before something else broke on it. I figured if we hung in there long enough, everything that could break would break eventually. After three grueling years it was time to walk away from it.

I have all the service records and should really sue them, but don't have the funds to do it, which really sucks. I hear form many people their late model F350s are fuel sucking lemons and they have had nothing but issues. We were told the 2007 (ours) is the best one made, and if that is the case, man people must really be upset out there.

I do really like the F150 and we drove many of them while our F350 was being fixed. We had so many of them we noticed some were quicker, quieter, or better on fuel... were even had a brand new Harley Davidson truck for over 2 months, and put 15000km on it while Advantage did not want to fix our truck... I wonder how many trucks we depreciated in value but racking up the miles on them while ours sat in the lot never getting fixed.

We never did have an issue with the F150, and we had plenty to drive around for weeks. For me, I will keep my Fj, although there are really stupid things I hate about it, but it has never let me down. It's a keeper for sure, and I will always have a Toyota. I know no matter how cold it is it will start even though it has not been plugged in or run for days in a deep freeze. I have never had another vehicle that will do this for me. Hubby gets all mad and says it's because it is a POS and has no compression and that is why it starts right away all the time