Thread: 06+ f150
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 04:29 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I heard that Toyota is not allowed to build a 3/4 or 1 tonne truck, since they will wipe out the American market. They are expensive to fix so I am told, but I have had my Fj Cruiser since May 2006, and have not had a single problem with it. Believe me, I take this truck to Mclean creek and jump it off of stuff, and drive it like I stole it. Our F350 was expensive to fix too!!!

Our F350 was the biggest heap there is. I know it happens but because it broke so much, Advantage Ford did not want to fix it anymore and left it on the lots for 6 weeks a year ago. We had to have it towed elsewhere, twice. Out F350 blow up a year old transmission the day we put a 14 foot trailer for our quads on it. It was empty, and Ford did not want to pay the $8000 for the new tranny. It took several weeks to work that whole mess out with them too. We bought EXTENDED warranty believe it or not and here we are having issues with repairs. We had so many issues with it that we puled the insurance and registration on it, and allowed it to be repoed from our house. We took a credit hit since we just could not give the keys back and walk away from it. It has now been sold and I pity the fool that bought it. It was a beautiful truck on the outside...

I hear so many horror stories about Ford and their lack of fixing their broken product. Mind you, I am sure everyone has similar stories with every manufacturer. I had an old 1993 Chevy Blazer full size, and drove it for 500000km.... on the same drive train. When it started really rusting on me, I got my Fj, since I loved them when they first came out. Now everyone has them of course. I miss my old Blazer, it was a sweet truck.

MY hubby looked at the Tundras and says they sound tinny inside when you shut the doors. He says a truck should have that vacuum noise and be silent inside when you are driving. I tend to agree. Our F350 made such a racket though, I am surprised he would notice any inside noise on anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
untill you try to get somthing fixed and find out it is 4 times the cost, or untill you try tow somthing with real weight up a grade 6 hill.

The problem with questions like this is that all your going to get is emotional responces, some one got a lemmon (weather it be dodge, ford, chev, toy, ect..) and harps about them like they are all bad. my theory is that all trucks are the same.. 4 wheels, doors, stearing wheel, ect.. you just have to find the options that meat your need and fine the interior that you find comfterable and functional. I will admidt that I am a ford fan, but I have owned, dodge, chev, toy, and now VW. the toy was a ok truck, no power for towing, body was made of cheep metal and a lot of the frame and suspension parts are pretty under enginered compared to NA trucks. Dodge I found to have a low quality interior and a tone of squeeks and rattles, chev I like the truck but cant stand the interior look and the seats on them. the ford, I found was deicent all around with a nice interior and comfterable seats. now this is all personal preferance so I can't say that you will feel the same. but you can always do what I did when I bought my F150 and when I traded it in on a diesel. take them all for test drives, good ones, not the around the block type. take notes on like and dislikes and make a comparason.

I have owned 10 fords over my life time and only 1 was a POS, but having said that it was a POS cuz I drove it like it was stolden and didn't fix anything till it broke. I know a couple people whith chevs, three with dodges, 1 with a toy and about 15 with various fords 2000 and up. no one is unhappy with there trucks and no one has had any problems except the toy but it was fixeed under warenty.

Steve