View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:47 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been lucky enough to have traveled quite a bit in that area of the world because my father lives in Singapore and I would say Bali is quite disappointing for diving compared to some other areas close by. Other than the Liberty Shipwreck, Bali wasn't too impressive. It was however one of the best trips I have been on because of the nightlife. The clubs there are amazing! There really are not all that many non-touristy areas anymore.

Raja Ampat in Indonesia was by far my favorite spot so far in South East Asia. Some really good spots in Malaysia too but not as great for for the rest of the vacation.

Are you guys "stuck" for a month just in Bali? Or can you travel around a bit? I think a month in Bali is a waste of going all the way to South East Asia if you have the choice to travel around. Your so close to Thailand.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Raja Ampat was also MUCH, MUCH more beautiful than Bali above water too. Just stunning. Doesn't have the nightlife of Bali but is much more relaxing and serene.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 12-30-2009 at 12:57 AM.