View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:40 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
now that doesn't sound like a good story
Well it wasn't a disaster, so I can live with it. It's a tatty of a mermaid and two stylized dolphins. The dolphins are from the logo of the government division I work for, so this artwork was existing. The mermaid was her design. I lived in Courtenay at the time and her studio was (is?), let's just say "on the mainland". Because of the distance, the final design was sent to me by fax, but in black and white. I fault myself for not noticing, before the final work, that she screwed up the placement of one of the dolphins pectoral fins. Anyway, I'm probably the only one that notices it. Aside from that, her mermaid is adequate but not stellar. There is better work out there. As well, whenever I made a comment or two, she got all defensive. As if I was attacking her artistic skills. This was all 20 years ago. Yup, do research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Tattoos are like fish, do your research! There are alot of good Tattoo artists around and also great shops. Ask friends and go online and ask around.

Yippeee!!!! couple more weeks and I am in getting my second one. I go to Smilin' Buddha here in Calgary. They are one of the best here, and the artists are great.

Merry Ho Ho
Ya, good friends that are informed and not just wanting to help out someone else, (like a cousin), they know.
Or friends that aren't trying to inflate their ego. I recall a time I was in need of some stereo equipment (or was it a TV?) and this co-worker told me " Oh, you should go to xxxxx Audio Video. Ya, I'm in good with the manager there. His names xxxxx. Talk to him. He'll give you a good deal. Just tell him Jack sent you". So I go there, ask for xxxx the manager and tell him "Ya, Jack sent me". The response? "Who? Who's Jack?". Embarassing. I'll never fall for that again.

Anyway, hijack over.

Good luck,

Last edited by Johnny Reefer; 12-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.