View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Ok so this is still in the 'plan your tank build when you have more pressing issues' phase but hey why not? I reserve the right to completely redesign this system until nobody cares. How am I doing so far lol?

The tank suffered from only minor sizeCreep. It is now going to be:

- 30x30x24

Lighting will be a 250W MH in a LumenMax Elite reflector. Flanking the light on all 4 sides will be one 24" T5 for a total of 4.

Flow

Using my little eheim 1250 as a return pump. Nice low turnover rate with sump etc in furnace room or some closet etc.

Oceans Motions for some turbulence. In the pic my return line comes up through the centre hole in the overflow box an will t-off into two outlets aiming down the back of the tank. The 4-way will alternate flow between the back elbows and the front 45s to have the current go down, forward and then over the reef towards the overflow. Paul from OM recommends it and I'd like to try.

Leaning towards barebottom for a number of reasons. Space will be ltd and as corals grow I'd rather not deal with trying to clean sand under branches etc. Also with the closed loop...I'm committed after I drill. It won't be a realy adjustable setup so I don't want to worry about sand blowing or getting into the OM drum.

Live rock will be on pegs to allow flow under them. Will also core out some pieces to hide the front returns.

Stand will be nice and low this time. 30" or so. The canopy will go right to my ceiling and I'll have to come up with a way to access the tank.

Two nice big CL intakes (1.5") on back wall.

Last edited by lastlight; 12-21-2009 at 09:01 PM.