View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:34 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Mitch is... well, I'll leave those words for private conversations :P Brett, Quinn, Ed and I had a real nice chat about him while we were loading the stuff into the truck, haha. - oh I also want to thank my buddies Quinn and Ed, and also my Dad, for helping me get this bad boy moved!

Tony: Thanks for the comment!

Brett: Haha, hey I never said it was your silicone job! I DID infact say that the resevoir is perfect! Lol. That silicone is weird stuff. Um, the GE1200 I got from aquarium illusions. I know people who have ordered it online somewhere and also through local plumbing or hardware supply places. If you want i can arrange to get you some if you need it for your next build, just PM me. Infact I'll give it to you.
Man that stand was death. I actually ruined my back (well I totalled it moving a full tank alone the next night) getting that thing in the door. We had to do a really weird lift (well I did) to help get it in... and we probably should have opted for a different way lol.

Mike: One of the walls (opposite the window) is actually finished and painted... im going to frame the far (left in pic) wall in and drywall the whole window bay and part of left wall by tuesday and have it painted. The floor will be finished after all the tanks in the room are set-up. The rest of the basement will come with time. We are still trying to landscape about 2 acres around the house and finish a workshop separate from the house... its comming along... slowly

GSP/Brett/Tony: Haha thaaaanks guys... im actually quite proud of my collection of cichlids :P

Lorenz0/Hillegom/rjengen: Thanks!

Today's Progress

I finally pulled my head out of the sand and figured out the darn plumbing to connect the union/ball to the sump. I didnt feel like 'emergency ordering' a TxT 2" bulkhead (lame I couldnt find any in town) so I got a shorty bulkhead and a coupler. I 'dry-fitted' the line from the sump to the pump. Got a few more plumbing parts and also picked up some Matala bio-media for the sump. I got some black sand the other day, but its way too fine. One of the bags also exploded in the back of my pathfinder. At least the stuff was CHEAP. Im going to exchange it for something thicker. Today was a bad progress day - had to work and then family is over right now. Just sneaking in some 'midnight canreef', lol.

Will have more pics tomorrow!

List to tackle tomorrow:

-Work on some more plumbing, dry-fitting and glueing what I can
-Try to get the gyprock up
-Install a baffle in the sump (which I just realized means pulling it back out of the stand I just put it in yesterday? Lol, smart).
-Spray the back of the styrofoam backing for the setup
-Install (but not connect) new water supply line for the system.

Cheers Everyone! And thanks for looking!

Chris