Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 PM

04scoobysti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by busypencil View Post
I am having a problem with frost build up on roof due to execessive humitidy in the house. I have two saltwater tanks one is 108 gallon no sump and another is 100 gallon with I think 60 gallon sump. I like the looks of the non sump tank but if I have to get rid of one tank to eliminate my humitidy problem which one should I keep? Do problems arrise from non sumped tanks. I have water in this one and some rock but no skimmer just heater and filter. no fish in this one yet. Please give advice.

Linda
Is the frost build up in your attic on the rafters or is it on your shingles causing ice to build up? If its on your rafters you have excess moisture that is making its way into your attic (cold zone) and condensing and freezing to your rafters and roof boards.
If its on the shingles there is a problem with your ventilation, the attic is getting heated. Proper soffit and roof ventilation will likely solve your problem. Also you should check your attic for even distribution of insulation (not blocking soffits at eaves) and that all ducting is wrapped with insulation and vented properly through the roof.

Hope that helps. In addition, a humidifier would help greatly to keep the moisture within the house down to prevent condensation on cold windows and give mould less of and opportunity to grow.