View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld View Post
The fish is recovering and eating... End of story.

WOW! I'd hate to be your fish!! You are QUICK to freeze a fish. I think you better go and do some research on how painful freezing is to a fish and how slow of a time it kills them. FYI - It's not uncommon for scale-less fish (puffers, boxfish, lionfish, etc) to stop eating for various reasons, especially after an injury occures. I have had porcupine puffers in the past not eat for up to two weeks and recover fully. Im not looking for or asking for feedback on what I should do with my injured puffer. However; I appreciate all the kind comments and support regardings Stewie's (A.k.a Griffies) recovery.
Well obviously I missed that he was eating which is why I simply asked if he was. I don't see the need for the attitude, perhaps you should take your own advice before over reacting and making blunt and insulting assumptions. If a fish is sick and won't recover the humane thing to do is put it down, there are many ways to do this. I'm not pushing for anyone to kill there fish and I only made the suggestion based on the fish not eating which I clearly stated.

When someone becomes attached to a fish I see the situation the same as any other house pet in which case you wouldn't let it suffer and starve to death before making the right decision. This is the only reason I mentioned this option as it was clear the fish had many people that cared for it. If that makes me a terrible fish keeper or person in your books so be it.

Good luck with the fish, glad to hear he's eating.

Last edited by sphelps; 12-16-2009 at 02:10 PM.