View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
You'd put the fish down by freezing it. Glass isn't like snail shells, it's much harder and when it shatters it can be extremely sharp. A person could easily eat and pass hard shells and many other objects but glass not so much. I've also kept puffers and they certainly are tough but rarely loose there appetite. IMO chances aren't good if it still hasn't eaten.
The fish is recovering and eating... End of story.

WOW! I'd hate to be your fish!! You are QUICK to freeze a fish. I think you better go and do some research on how painful freezing is to a fish and how slow of a time it kills them. FYI - It's not uncommon for scale-less fish (puffers, boxfish, lionfish, etc) to stop eating for various reasons, especially after an injury occures. I have had porcupine puffers in the past not eat for up to two weeks and recover fully. Im not looking for or asking for feedback on what I should do with my injured puffer. However; I appreciate all the kind comments and support regardings Stewie's (A.k.a Griffies) recovery.

This post had gotten way off topic.

Now back on topic...The post is about personal experiance of having a glass, floating thermometer break in a tank and if they suffered any ill effects? How they removed the silver beads? Or did they?

Thanks a bunch

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Last edited by bulletsworld; 12-16-2009 at 07:32 AM.