View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Blown fuse = Dead fish

Well, after taking my first day off in over a month & spending the night hanging out with my baby girl at my parents place, find out at 1pm this afternoon that the fuse on our fowlr tank had blown last night. My wife was at her parents watching over her mom who had an elevated blood pressure, so she stayed there over night.

The one night in months when both of us are not home all night & Murphy's law hits.

Lost:

My prized Powder Brown/Gold rim tang
Lemon Peel angel
Black clown
True Percula
Blue Throat female trigger

MIA:

2 Coral Beauty angels

My larger fish survived, but 5 (probably 7) fish succumbed to the cold. Temp this afternoon was less than 70F (didn't register on the stick on thermometer), as opposed to 76-78F normally.

Since we weren't sleeping at home, I didn't turn up the heat in the house & so unfortunately the powerless fowlr could not handle the cold night time temps.

Note to self. No more days off

Luckily, with a good day off hanging out with my baby girl allows me to be more calm about this setback than I would have been 24 hours ago.

Now that the temp is back up to 74 & rising, the fish are more active & not looking like death "warmed" over.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Anthony