View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:30 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap View Post
I've had my nano skimmer for something like 4-1/2 months on a 30 gallon cube.

I have noticed the metal meshwheel seems to be worn down quite a bit compared to when I first got the skimmer.

For the first few months the skimmer was noisy and skimmed very well. I had to raise the skimmer to the highest position to avoid overflowing the collection cup.

Now the skimmer is silent and I have it lowered to the lowest position in order to produce any skimmate.

I will e-mail EuroReef about this. I don't know if this is a common problem and I don't know if just the meshwheel can be replaced or if I need a whole new impeller/meshwheel unit.

Overall I have been happy with this skimmer and it is a huge improvement over my Tunze Reefpak which I have been meaning to take out into the back yard and shoot.
Hmmm, mine has been dead silent since day one.

As for the mesh, I read somewhere that they have changed it from the alloy to something else now. As you mentioned, the alloy wears out fast. You can just replace the mesh I think (usually can with meshwheels).

Without a doubt, I am sure Robbert would send you a new mesh in whatever form they are using now. I might call about that too already in advance. I checked mine the other day and it looks great but it will wear out.