View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karazy View Post
well since the Christmas season is coming up ive been looking at a few new cameras and im trying to choose one for myself.
i've been using a point and shoot for a few years now and i am quite comfortable with it, but i am ready to upgrade. i have never used a SLR.
my budget isn't huge, but isnt tiny either.

so far im really liking the look of the:
-canon powershot G11
-nikon d3000

and thats it so far.
so please, advice on the cameras i named, or better yet advice on a even better camera in the same price range.
the cannon G11 is not a slr. there are several deals on some of cannons entry level DSLRs right now. If you let us know what your budgit is maybe we could make some recomendations.. it is hard to recomend anything if we don't know what you are looking at spending. for example I have the Cannon rebel XSI and it came with a 18-55 IS lense, a 75-300 lense and a portable Selphy printer for about 900 at costco. the camera itself is awsome, auto mode takes fantastic pictures and I am slowly learning how to use the other features.

now costco also has the little brother to this one (cannon XS) which is 10Mp instead of 12, and comes with two lense and a carring bag for 739.00.

if you want to start out with just the camer and one lense then you can get the XS with the 18-55 lense at futureshop for 549. this is the lense I use 98% of the time. the 75-300 doesent have image stabalization so I have to use it on my tripod. Starting out with just the one lense may be good also as you can decide what you need and purchase it later.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.