View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
So he has a piece of the anenome or the anenome is close to the Jawfishes cave?
Yes he has a piece of anemone...two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
I think he is refering to the crabs pompoms. maybe I can not tel from what he is saying. You know the pompoms do look a bit like nems.

We need clarification as to what you mean, I don't see that a nem would going around chasing fish out of thier holes for a pompom crab to sit in for the night.
They ARE nems. I have kept enough anemones over the years to know they don't go chasing fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Pom Pom Crabs have mini nems attached to there "arms"..

GSP, I've never seen a pom pom attack a fish, in my experience they have been quite timid and if anything I rarely saw mine. But they are a crab, so I guess anything is possible..

quoted from Live Aquaria:
Yeah they are a crab, so are a predator...hmmm.

I see mine all the time actually. I think its quite hungry because I don't have many fish and dont feel all that much. The pom pom and a cleaner shrimp are the entire clean up crew, so shouldn't be too much competition.

I had never heard of them being aggressive but it's quite obvious that he is annoying and possibly stung the jawfish. The jaw was frantic outside his cave, crab was inside and once the crab left the cave after an hour or so, the jaw went right back and closed the cave up tight. Didn't come out the rest of the day until late.

Today, same thing so far. Jaw has gone back in the cave and closed the entrance up tight.

We'll see what happens I guess.