View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
See no problem valving the return on a Herbie (only) if the emergency drain is sufficently sized.
a herbie is different, it is the overflow not the return lines and requires adjustment to work, but it is only 1 out of the 3 lines that make up a good herbie that has a valve. what I am talking about is throttling the lines at the sump level, as in the drawing it looks like he will have a valve to restrict the flow into the fuge, and another at the sump. instead restrict the flow to the fuge by reducing the line size. so if you have a 1.5" return then after the dump into the sump reduce down to a 3/4" line if you want a lower flow to the fuge. another way is to make a spray bar in the fuge so your 1.5" line comes to a "T" say a 1.5 in 1" dual outs or 3/4 if you can find one, then get 4 to 6 more "t"s of the new line size so 1" or 3/4" pass through with a 1/2" tap and arange them across the one wall. this will give you a tone of flow through the fuge but it will be difused and even so it will be gental.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.