View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
Yeah,

I was a bit pricey but it will save on my power bill and also the complaining from my wife that it is too hot in the TV room! lol.

It does put out more light but mainly it puts out light in the exact spectrum that I want for growth and color. I may take RON99's advice and just use a couple small LED's to add a bit of shimmer back in.
what were you running befor that you think you are going to notice a savings? 10 bulbs at 54 watts each is 540 watts plus a bit for the ballast I would say you are up around 555watts. My 250 watt HQIs used about 680 watts so the differance there is only about a few bucks a month if they are run the same amount of time. the overall heat output will be slightly lower but 540 watts of light is still a ton of heat. not as much point source but almost as much radiating into the room.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.