View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I use a harness on Bailey as I'm not comfortable with prong collars either, I got lucky though as she responded well to the "shhhing" and touch techniques Cesar uses.

I got Bailey from a rescue society that gets a lot of dogs from the woods up north and reserves. I'm not sure what her history is but she has a large thick scar that runs across her neck all the way down her front leg. It looks like she maybe got caught in barb wire at some point in her life. Bailey was 3-4 years old when we adopted her 3 years ago. She is very laid back in the house and is great with adults and children. I'm not 100% on what bread she is but her face and body look just like a Rhodesian Ridgeback, only she has brindle colouration.

Rhodesian Ridgeback's were developed in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) and South Africa back in the 16th century, this breed is also known as the African Lion Hound. These silent pack hunters were bred by European settlers to track down a lion, or other game, then corner it and or lure it into shooting range. So these dogs were originally bred for their courage, agility, endurance and instincts. So I know what you mean when you say what a challenge certain breads can be.