View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

So I posted earlier in the thread about my initial impressions of the multiplayer stuff in COD5. It might not seem relevant but the whole idea for me playing COD5 multiplayer a bit was so I could practice up for MW2 as I only have the PC version of MW1 and was planning to get a console version of MW2.

I made it past the issues I had at first and have played a few hours, the way IW setup the game browser really sucks. Aside from the game trying to join matches with maps I don't have, which would have been really easy to avoid, it also selects games with awful pings and hosts that go down all the time. You can play but it's annoying and I think needlessly so. There's 50k players online and I can't find 8 to play with that have a half decent ping? I've played xbox MW1 at a buddy's place before at it didn't suck like this, it makes me wonder if COD5 was a revamp of the multiplayer stuff and how much of that carries on into MW2.

Pre-order or not I'm going to try this out at a friend's place before I plunk down any cash, unless it works a lot better than COD5 I'm not interested. Anyone want a pre order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I've made it quite clear on my feelings/preferences. Battlefield FTW (all of them)
It contrast to how frustrating I've found COD, Battlefield Bad Company has been really nice. Fire it up, select quick match and go.