View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
Took a read, and let me say this.

For all your PC users who are ****ed about no dedicated servers, let me buy you a pint of boo hoo.

Its funny how you talk about "oh my system is so much more advance" but yet you can't host a game when our "crappy" little consoles have been hosting them for years. I rarely lag, unless the host has a horriable connection. I know there is an issue with the map bog in cod4 with lagging but hell if you can't stand it, leave and find a better game.

Sure it ****es us off when a host leaves but that ends the game and from the sounds of it, they should have kept it that way for pc. This pause to find a new host thing is stupid, that i will agree. but besides that, it comes down to how much you really love the game and do you want to have the media make your choice up with their option?

What media? IW clearly answered all the questions regarding what is WRONG with the PC version...

As for the whole PC vs "crappy" consoles (your words, not mine) I got nothing against consoles, I love the xbox360 (cept for the Red Ring) (never played on PS3, hate sony).. I just hate consoles for FPS games, and it has nothing to do with graphics.. Driving, sports, GH/Rock Band, are perfect games to play on consoles IMO. I am a die hard keypad/mouse FPS gamer, simple as that. Hell, I'm not exactly playing on a "Gaming PC"... it's a stock macbook with windows.

I'm actually equally ****ed with the lack of a console in the PC version.

As for the dedicated server comment, I'll take that pint, never pass up a free drink... but seriously 9v9???? Most of the first FPS MP games that came out supported more than 9v9...

If you can't stay alive on a 32v32 server, maybe you should go back to the sandbox.

Oh and one more thing since we're tossing mud at each other.....

Quote:
to end my little rant, its cheaper to buy a PS3 rather than buying a tower specifically for gaming.
Not if you include the cost of the 50" TV, console users need/want/have... I bet a PS3 and even a smaller 36"-40" LCD (cuz really, what type of hardcore console gamer would buy anything smaller) would cost more than my laptop... to play the same game, with the same graphics, and worse controls.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988