View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Mr.nintendo is on a distinguished road

After cleaning/ scrubbing all the equipment and making sure there was no old salt build up or dirt from moving and set-up I made sure the tank was level and ran all the hosing and power cables.
I started initially with the sump pump running and let the water cycle the tank for a few days, then removed the water that had been running through the system to make sure there was no let over buildup in any of the equipment. Then re-filled everything, tested to make sure over-flo wasn't an issue and again let it cycle for a few days before getting rock/ starting my cycle.

I added 35 pounds of LR , did a few scrubs on it to get some of the dead matter off and let it sit. There was a small ammonium spike initially but within 5-6 days it was non-exsistent. Followed by a slight Nitrite spike but it as well only lasted 2 three days. Been using a Sera aqua-test box but had a firned bring another kit ovet to make sure everything was going good. within a week an a half the cycle seemed to be stable and I introduced a few little blue legs to see some movement in the tank ( even if its slow movement )

Last edited by Mr.nintendo; 10-28-2009 at 09:26 AM.