View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

The tang should NOT be put into your display (at any cost).

If you do, here's what you risk:

1) All out war between the new tang and the older tangs.
2) Stress that will cause ick or other problems to breakout.
3) Possible injury or loss of your prized Achilles.
4) Even greater stress & huge hassle when trying to catch the fish out in another couple of weeks once Lee's tank is finished cycling.

Your display tank is "perfect" right now, but you will risk all your hard work and patience in doing things just right, simply in the hopes of temporarily housing and feeding someone else's fish. Consider how you and she will feel if you lose one or more of your fish by adding in this new one?

Adding another small tang into the 90g is by far the safer solution, since the risk is isolated to the new tang & not all the fish in your display.

IMO, you have to make this decision with your MIND and not your soft HEART. I know how much you love your fish, so why risk having anything happen to them?

This may sound cold hearted, but I've kept stuff for other reefers in my display that I later regretted due to the resulting problems. You have to do a risk-reward assessment and decide whether the reward of possibly having the fish eat in your display is worth all the risk mentioned above and by other posters.

Anthony

Last edited by SeaHorse_Fanatic; 09-19-2009 at 06:15 PM.