View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Default Have a situation here... Naso with Unicorn tang

I am currently caring for a fellow members large female Unicorn tang. She is in my 90g holding tank in my basement. It was supposed to be very temporary, but due to how tanks cycle slowly, my buddies tank is still not ready for this fish. The conditions in the 90g are not what they should be as it is cramped for such a large fish and she has no other vegan fish to give her a feeding response. She was eating mysis but is not eating at all now. Because she is isolated in a basement tank she hides from me when I go down to feed and I stress her out.

My friend and I discussed what can be done and we agreed she should go into my display (have no IDEA of how I'll get her out of there, but will worry about it at a later date), with my Naso, Achilles, Sailfin and Purple tangs...

Now, the questions is, will this be a good idea? I know Unicorn tangs are in the Naso tang family and I don't know if my female naso will fight with the Unicorn or not. My naso is peaceful but since they are loosely within the same species and are the same sex, I worry about the outcome.

The tank is a 260g tank the fish will be house in, in case some of you don't know. I have not brought the fish out of the 90g of course and am awaiting opinions and advise on this matter.

The Unicorn is not happy downstairs but if I will cause issues upstairs she will stay down there until my friend is ready for her. At this point if they got along, I know it would be beneficial to the fish to be with other vegan fish and have a large tank to swim in.

So what do you all think? Thanks in advance for any replies.