View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

What species of clownfish and how long have they & the anemones been in the system? Sometimes it can take a while for them to host and in rare cases I've read that they may not at all. I have a Maroon pair and it didn't take too long for the original of the pair to take to the BTA I got for it. A week or two if I recall correctly. It was still a juvenile at the time and without it's current partner.

Sounds like your pair has more or less staked out a territory they are comfortable in for the moment. Depending on the species, they may just one day decide to jump into one of your nems. There are anemones that are more likely to host certain species than others. BTAs are natural hosts for Maroon Clowns, not sure about others. No idea what a Condy is supposed to be compatible with. I've read posts where hobbyists have been successful in getting their clownfish into a nem by sticking a photo of a clown in a nem on the side of the tank.