View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:04 AM

raisemyrent is on a distinguished road

maybe... I am hesitant of adding another crab because they tend to fight... I used to get it all the time in my olde nano (6gal)... Basilius will be the only crab in my tank, I think...

I believe he was just SPOOKED. I moved him around so that he wouldn't face "the world" which Xavi (o. clown) LOVES btw (he greets me when I get home and plays "high fin")... and then I put him on a rock to try to get a reaction (my theory was that he had a shell too big for him to haul around), and he VERY slowly climbed down the rock (a funky arch) and settled for a reclusive spot. He's surrounded by green algae and cyano (which sounds terrible but isn't), so he shouldn't be hungry in there...

when he gets used to me in the glass and all (like, say, Hank, the watchman goby, with whom I have stare downs), he will probably wonder around, I hope.

In the meantime I will keep spot-feeding him every now and then so that he doesn't starve...

and yes he seems really cautious in his movements... he may just have moulted recently... he was upside down at the store when I bought him... if that makes any difference

thanks for the replies!

Last edited by raisemyrent; 09-01-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typos