View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'm reading opinions all over the map on hyposalinity versus medications. On the one hand I read things like "copper or hyposalinity are the only things that work" others are like "product X worked for me".

Comes down to this for me right now: I can start hyposalinity right now at midnight, if I wanted to meds I can't start until at least tomorrow. I have live rock in the tank and was sorta hoping to not use copper in it, if it can be avoided at all, but .. I want whatever's best for the fish. Today is the first day the spots really showed up, so I don't know when to press the panic button. Now? Later? Yesterday?

What meds do you recommend?

Also any opinions on how fast the SG can be lowered? This article (wetwebmedia.com) seems to suggest it can be done over the course of several hours, but using several water changes (with a rest period in between, I presume, although it's not touched upon).

It's a 30gal tank so if I take out 3 gallons and replace with FW, it lowers it about 0.002. Ie., 1.023 to 1.021. When can I do my next changeout, in a couple hours or is it better to wait until tomorrow?