View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM

jsmth321 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jsmth321

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefracer View Post
I paid with VISA and not through paypal. There is still a way to make a claim of sorts?
Forgive me, I am a little naive when it comes to what my VISA can do for me other than buy me things when i don't have the cash and charge me interest.
Not paying via pay pal is good. Visa in general has good consumer protection as do Mastercard and Amex. Paypal not so much.

If the merchant did not deliver the product/service as described you might be entitled to a reversal of the charge.

Call the bank that issued the card, tell them you want to dispute the charge (have the bill ready as it makes this process easier.) and they will generally ask why, etc.

Unless the merchant can prove he/she delivered the product/service as agreed to, you should receive a reversal of the charge.

There are time limits on disputes, so dont waste time by thinking it over, call the bank as soon as you can.

I had to dispute a charge last summer due to a merchant not delivering product as promised, took 6 weeks, but RBC reversed the charge.