Thread: Ebay Bulbs
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 AM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
I too have bought from this Canadian vendor, but I haven't been really happy with the lights. I haven't tried the 150W yet so I can't comment, but the 70W version is 1/4" shorter than all my other 70W bulbs and just doesn't fit my 70W fixture properly. It constantly starts and quits. I checked with them on sizing and they said this is the size of all their bulbs.

I regularly buy from "Trust Deal Lights" in the US and am very happy with their lighting. I bought a USHIO in order to do a comparison and I liked the Ebay bulb better.
Hmm, interesting... I didn't have another bulb to compare it to, I was just unable to find 70W bulbs in any brand name (in stock, and in Canada). I bought the bulb before I built the fixture (a Noma halogen security light DIY). The fixture has a spring loaded side, so the bulb fits perfectly.

Do you mean you liked the color of the Ebay bulb better than the Ushio? Or the Trust Deal Lights bulb better than the Ushio? Either way, it's interesting that you like the non brand name one better, is that because you didn't like the color, or the intensity, or... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
That's good to hear, will post back in a week with the results.
You may want to give it a couple, just in case... I can't remember if it was the first week or the second that it toned down the blue