View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:03 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakartaOrBust View Post
After experiencing one of each of these style trade events, I have to say the swap meet was by far the best.

First thing I preferred was that what ever I was paying for, I got to physically see the pieces ahead of time. As impressive as mother colonies pictures are, I like seeing what it is I am taking home.

I also liked the fact that whoever the seller was was generally standing right there, so you could ask all the questions on the spot, as well as I had more interesting conversations with people standing at a table, than I might have sitting staring at a screen calling out bids.

I liked that time wise you could much easier come and go as you pleased while still coming out with a lot. The first come first serve seemed bad at first as I remember as soon as the hour hit and the trade began some of the stuff I eyed were gone in a heartbeat. But people were leaving with frags, while more sellers were showing up. So their was opportunity for great stuff throughout the day.

The other nice part to the swap meet, is The Reef Network really only has to setup a venue, the date, and some odds. The sellers are responsible for their own setups and their own sales, take downs, etc. Making a lot less work it seems as a whole. Untamed's table was awesome still incorporating his pictures of mother colonies, you just pointed at the one you liked he turned around opened a cooler turned back and it was in your hands.

I will be there no matter what style , but I have to put my vote for the Swap.
Thanks for the important feedback. We'll try to take any information/opinions provided into account for future events.

Despite its drawbacks and the way the voting's going I still believe that an auction format (whether silent or Jason McK-powered) still has its place on occasion.

Keep it coming!