View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny zubot View Post
Man I've been out of the loop for a while, I didn't even know that you got a new place in Calgary. Where did you end up, and when did you decide to upgrade?
Yeah, we moved back in November of 2007, I finally got fed up waiting for my master program (Human Anatomy) to open at the UofA. Its STILL not open by the way. So we came home, rented this tiny condo with windows that wouldn't open. I got fed up with that and I decided we were going to buy a house, and we did in October of 2008. We're in the SW side of the city in a cute little 50's home. Amusingly enough our house was the first house we saw in our hunt, and we saw A LOT of houses.

We've always wanted a big tank, and when we went house shopping one of the big features we were looking for was somewhere to place a larger tank.

Does anyone know of a page that showcases all the Octopus and Hurricone skimmers? From what I've found, none of them are even close to being big enough for our needs.

Vertex doesn't seem to make anything big enough, and I'm not really sure if we're willing (space wise) to daisy chain a couple of any skimmer together. The closet Octopus looks like the Reef Octopus FDNW-400 Protein Skimmer, but even then it doesn't look like it will make it.

We need about 1500g worth of skimming capacity. I know the tank's final volume will probably be around 1000g, however I do plan to liberally stock this monster, so I might as well be prepared now, rather then having to upgrade again later.