View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 06:58 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

PM with my email has been sent.

The order for the tank stand is in! ETA is really soon! I was totally expecting two or so months! Although now I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement! We asked for, well I asked for, Hot Pink, Fire Engine Red, or Black as the stand colour. I honestly don't care, its a cool option and I'll take anything I can get. These sands are beautiful!

The stand is going to be 10.5ft long x 3ft wide x 3ft high (technically 34" to allow for plywood and foam) The 10.5 length corresponds with the largest length of glass we can get. The tank will have to be built onsite.

The stand will be made into two sections 10.5ft x 18" wide to allow it into the house. This is the path its going to follow. The stand dimensions also mean I might be able to stick with my luminarc reflectors!!!

In our backdoor

Through the kitchen

Down the basement stairs

Through the wall, yes, we'll be taking that out.

And into place!

This is our current electrical panel...obviously it needs to be changed out regardless of if we were putting a tank in or not. We'll be asking our power company to move the meter outside so they can do drive-by meter readings.

The rats nest going on above the panel

Last edited by michika; 06-28-2009 at 07:14 PM.