View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 AM

onefishtwofish is on a distinguished road
Default nitrate solution?

Hi. i need advice. I have been offered a very generous and kind deal on a 40g s/w set up. I have been doing f/w very successfully for about a year now. This will probably be the only opportunity for me to go s/w but I have a delema.

I am on a park well so no modifications can be made to increase water pressure...that I know of. our natural nitrate level is 20pp. the water pressure is at max about 14ppi. this will more than likely make it non effective to run a r/o. I thought of getting in bottled water but there are issues about chemicals leaching into the water from the jugs...Can any one make any suggestions? As much as I want this set up, I would not want to harm any livestock if for some reason I would need access to a large amount of water and were unable to get it. I am maxed out on electricity once the new set up goes on to keep an extra pump and heater on for storage on a regular basis.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It will probably be fowlr but would like the option of going full reef.

Thanks, Kathie