View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 AM

Mikee is on a distinguished road
Default My 90 Seahorse tank

Hi everyone just wanted to share my seahorse tank that i setup late December. Its a pretty simple setup, 90g Display, 20g Sump for return and skimmer, i use a vertex 100 skimmer that does an amazing job, eheim 1260 for return/flow, and 4x54w tek light but i mostly only use 2 of the bulbs. I pretty much just let the macro algae grow and every now and then rip out a bunch(it grows crazy fast). I dont have many soft corals in there..just a couple mushrooms from my reef tank, a colt coral that split from my other tank and some zoanthids which you cant see because i really need to start ripping out my macro algae again haha. Not sure what that grass stuff is called but it is most dominant.. i also have some feather calupera growing good in there now and some grape calupera aswell. My seahorses are Kuda's they were black once apon a time but now they are white? and have been white for about 3 months. I feed PE mysis everyday twice..since they are captive bred they eat very well and have had no problems with feeding since day 1. I have had lots of babies that have come and gone in the past month..maybe one day ill setup somethin for raising them but we all know how much work that is lol . This tank when i first setup i did the mistake and bought many mexican turbo snails for my CUC but either the tank was too new or i added them in too fast and every single one died. Right now this tank has no CUC.. so i have some algae here and there.. soon i will try adding a CUC again. Anyways here a couple quick shots i took just now (the male was hidden in the grass so i couldnt take a shot of him lol).